1. Get a good Realtor
Find a good Realtor who is focused on your objectives and priorities.
It’s important that you find a Real Estate Agent who quickly demonstrates communication and listening skills necessary to assist you, the seller, through the preparation, listing, sale and closing process. Make sure you can understand and relate to your Real Estate agent’s communication style. The sales process requires extensive and frequent communications from pre-listing to closing. Choose a Real Estate agent that’s a Realtor, which means that he/she belongs to the National Association of Realtors. Your Realtor should be full-time and familiar with your market area. An engaged Realtor will provide you with a wealth of information that details the entire home selling process from preparing you home for market/showings through closing the sale and moving.
2. Make sure your Realtor does a Comparable Market Analysis (CMA). He or She can give you advice on the benefits/costs of pre-home inspections, pre-appraisal inspections.
3. Your Realtor should provide you with valuable info leading to a successful Home Sale:
- A plan as to where you are going to live after you sell your current home.
- A punch list of cleaning and preparation tasks to be completed before showing your home
- Checklists of how to de-cluttering and prepare your home for buyer appeal
- Instruction on staging and arranging furniture so that your home appears spacious to buyers
- A list of tradesmen and professionals to repair or enhance your home for sale
- An outline of the marketing and sales process including, offer, acceptance, contingencies and obstacles, hurdles or contract contingencies during the process such as inspections, appraisals, and lender financing requirements.
- Preparing a proforma seller’s net sheet indicating detailed revenue and expenses associated with the seller side of closing a home sale.
As a good Realtor who works with an outstanding regional broker, Sibcy Cline, we provide the above value-added services for our clients. Additionally, Sibcy Cline has in-house Mortgage, Insurance and Title Services as well as Home Services. This Home Services group recommends or refers vetted, competent, and cost-competitive tradesmen/contractors to assist you, our client, with all home repairs, enhancements, remodels, etc.. This in-house service group eliminates the hassle of searching for qualified and reputable contractors and allows you to focus your time elsewhere during home selling or home buying.
If you need help selling your home and Live in the Cincinnati, OH area, contact me first
Posted in: Sellers