Yes! You absolutely need the help of a Realtor to navigate the maze that is buying and selling Real Estate. Although it is not a law in the state of Ohio, A licensed real estate agent is able to provide you with invaluable information and direction that will protect your interests and limit your risk exposure. If you do not have a realtor and are trying to do it yourself, get a real estate attorney to assist you with the whole process.
Commitment to your agent:
- By signing an exclusive buyer agency agreement and all agency forms.
- To communicate promptly, responsibly, and honestly.
- To willingly provide pertinent information as needed.
- To promptly inform agent of changes in timing, requirements, financing, or other information that may affect my service commitment to you.
- To submit a loan application and all lender requirements within the time frame of the contract when using financing.
- To enter contracts in good faith and make every effort to adhere to all negotiated contingencies.
- To inform all other Real Estate agents, sellers, and builders that you are represented by me.
Purchasing your home may be the biggest investment you make. As a Realtor, I have made it my chosen profession to assist you with this transaction, representing you as a buyer’s agent. As a fiduciary agent, I have your best interests in mind and always put them before my own. As such, I ask that you be upfront and disclose to other agents and builders that you are already represented by a Realtor. If you do visit properties or developments without me, there are some guidelines you should adhere to:
- Upon any contact with other Real Estate professionals, immediately give my name and/or business card to the agent or builder and mention that I have been helping you.
- Ask if the builder or agent if they will “honor” me as your Realtor. In this way, you will help protect our relationship and enable me to continue working with you through the closing. Make no mistake- the home buying, selling, and building process is a maze to navigate, and the help of a Real Estate Professional every is essential. Buying or sell real estate without a professional can lead to unneeded financial risks and costly mistakes. Often inexperienced buyers believe that they can save commission costs by going directly to the property owner, seller agent, or builder, this can be a costly mistake and often exposes consumers to unneeded risks and unforeseen complications. The message here is loud and clear get a Real Estate Agent in your corner to help you navigate that maze that is buying real estate.
As a buyer, hiring real estate agent many has many benefits. For example, in today’s seller market, your agent may be able to network with colleagues to find a home before it is listed on the MLS. This strategy may help you gain an advantageous position to make a competitive offer, get an acceptance and close on your dream home. Additionally, a realtor can help you navigate “the tricky waters” associated with multiple offers, where you, as the buyer, are up against other competing buyers bidding on the same property. Again if you live in the Cincinnati, OH area, please don’t hesitate to contact me with your real estate questions and needs.
Posted in: Buyers